Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Anberlin Tour de Vital Review


Anberlin has been one of my all time favorite bands since I was 15 or 16 and I finally got to see them live!! I will certainly say that dreams come true.

The show was not packed, it was the smallest crowd that I had ever seen at the venue.  But the people that were there were die hard fans, which made it a great atmosphere and the show more enjoyable.

The two bands that have been opening for Anberlin on their Tour de Vital were Make Do and Mend (I didn't like these guys) and Paper Route (they were great!).

Last month I got to do merch for Paper Route, these guys are super duper nice and their music is great! I got to know the drummer, Gavin decently and let me tell you, he is SICK! They will be going on tour with Imagine Dragons in May. Trust me, these guys are going to blow up.

ANYWAY! Back to Anberlin.

Frontman, Steven Christian is quite a performer.  With his powerful and unique voice he lead the crowd in an hour and a half sing-a-long.  He danced around the stage, moving his hips as if he were Elvis Presley.

The band was great too, they sounded just like they do on CD.  Christian was incredible but I think his mic could have been turned up more.

They had an excellent set list!! I was so excited because they didn't only play songs from Vital and Dark is a Way, Light is a Place.  They played songs like "Unwinding Cable Car" off of Cities and "Paperthin Hymn" from Never Take Friendship Personal.

The crowd was screaming the lyrics along with Christian, people were clapping, jumping, and putting their "hands to the sky".  I loved it.

I would give the show a 4 out 5.

There are still a few dates left for the Tour de Vital (mainly in Canada), check here for tickets! Go see them while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment