Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Uprise Festival and The Reckoning Tour

                                                                  Oh, Sleeper      
 Wolves at the Gate
Switchfoot

This past weekend I went to Uprise Festival in Shippensburg and right after the festival I hit up The Reckoning Tour put on by Needtobreathe to promote their new album. So I'm going to talk about the festival first and then the concert!

Uprise Festival: At this 2 day festival I got to see almost all of my favorite bands which was totally worth the $50 for my ticket!

On the first day I saw Switchfoot perform and they were awesome as always! They played a lot of songs from their latest album Vice Verses like "Where I Belong", "War Inside", and "Restless".

After they finished the frontman, Jon Foreman put on an acoustic set which I LOVED!! He did a lot of unreleased songs that he will be putting out on the new Fiction Family album, coming out...someday. He played a few songs from his Seasons EPs from a few years back which was really cool.

The next day the event opened up with Wolves at the Gate and they were amazing! I love seeing them and chatting with them after the show. Seriously, the nicest guys ever.

After them Nine LashesFlatfoot 56Project 86 played. P86 was fantastic by the way, their new songs are sick!

Oh, Sleeper was the last band I saw at the festival and by far my favorite show! They have been my favorite for 2 years and they certainly live up to that title in my mind. Frontman, Micah Kinard was beautiful and his screaming was wonderful. He has so much talent.

The Reckoning Tour: This show was the icing on the cake for my show filled weekend. Needtobreathe KILLED it. They had sold out the venue and they rightfully did.

They had an incredible stage set up with fancy lights and typewriter keys that lit up that said "The Reckoning".

Every member of the band was spot on with notes, harmonies, and general stage presence. They ooze talent and put on an amazing show. If you haven't gotten a chance to see them you seriously should consider it. You will not be disappointed.

Here are some pictures taken from the show taken by a girl I work with!!


Random Stuff: I am SO SO SO psyched!!! This blog has reached 405 views today I can't even believe it. I just made this so that I could practice writing and people are actually glancing at it.

Thank you for reading!! I really, really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment