Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Imagine Dragons

I feel like I have a story for each band that I come across and Imagine Dragons is no exception.

I was listening to Of Monsters and Men for about 2 seconds on Spotify and under "Related Artists" one of the first bands was Imagine Dragons. I think I had seen other people on Facebook listening to them but didn't really care.  I played the first track on their 2012 EP "Continued Silence" and fell in love!

Imagine Dragons is a Las Vegas based band that began playing together in 2008. They are going to be releasing their newest project with Interscope called "Night Visions" on September 4th. 

I am surprised these guys aren't more popular, they have perfect music for the radio. Each song has potential to be on the top on Billboard's Top 100.  They jam like The Killers and Coldplay with their own fabulous twist. 

The EP opens with a bass dropping, "wub wub wub" with "Radioactive" which is just the kind of sound that appeals to so many teens and young adults. Track 2 is called "Demons" which has a completely different flavor than "Radioactive". This song has calm verses with a rocking chorus and bridge that fans can certainly chant to at a show.  "On Top of the World" has an island feel, reminds me of Jason Mraz's hit "I'm Yours" video.  The song works perfectly with my Seaside Escape candle from Bath and Body Works.  "It's Time" starts off with a sweet mandolin solo and clapping to keep the beat. The chorus in this is great, telling the world that "I'm not changing who I am". I love positive messages in music! Their are also two more tracks but I want to move on with my day so I'm not going to talk about them.

Honestly, what I really love about the EP is that each track is totally different in style and sound. So many artists just play the same song with different lyrics for an entire album but this totally goes against that groove. Thank God for that! 

Check them out:
Their Website (tons of info and videos)


No comments:

Post a Comment