Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Places for Music News and Other Good Things

Posting twice in one day is probably not what one should do when just beginning something like this but whatever.

Finding good places that are truthful, accurate, and frequently update their information about bands and artists are a gold mine for music nerds like myself. I am going to post on here some of the sites and magazines that I read and check that will be helping me put out info on here! (Don't worry I will ALWAYS site my sources.)

-Alternative Press Magazine aka AP. I recently fell in love with this magazine and also their website. Their magazine is real, down to earth, and very "rock 'n' roll" if you know what I mean. They write things how it is and don't beat around the bush on any subject. They have solid relationships with many popular companies (ex. Vans) and bands also (Of Mice and Men, Miss May I, All Time Low to name a few that I have seen mentioned a lot).  I love that they still do print which makes me love them even more.

-altpress.com. This is AP's website and they update this multiple times a day with band news. A few recent posts that they have put up are House of Heroes talking about each song on they're new album (hint: I will be reviewing this album this week! Should be up Friday or Saturday), We Are In The Crowd's new music video for "Entrances and Exits", and Paramore starting to record drums for their new album. Always filled with current, today information and provides the readers with a lot of new material to check out (new bands, musics videos, acoustic tracks).

-CrescendoTV. These guys used to do print but stopped back in 2010. Now they do mainly artist interviews and post them on YouTube (just search CrescendoTV and you'll find it). A few of the videos I watched were Tim McTague from Underoath, Beau Bokan from Blessthefall, and some of the guys from The Devil Wears Prada. The interviewing skills of the journalists are high quality, they ask good questions. They ask ones that fans would be curious about and also silly and fun things too.

-Record label websites and Facebooks. My favorite record label is Tooth and Nail/Solid State Records. They have really high quality bands that have such a wide variety of styles. Checking out your favorite label's website can provide you with information about your favorite bands, new bands, and deals on merch. Also liking the label's Facebook page  or following them on Twitter can provide you with updates

Where do you get your music news from? Leave me  a comment and I'll try and use that website or magazine as a reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment