Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Of Monsters and Men

Hello all! I just came back from visiting friends that I acquired at college for a couple days and was told about an Icelandic indie group called Of Monsters and Men. Interestingly similar to Of Mice and Men in name but their music is very opposite.

Their music is pleasing to the ear and the soul. It is not loud even with guitars, drums, and keyboard all playing at once. With having a softer dynamic level it makes them relaxing to listen to even when the song is more rockier.

 Is rockier even a word? I'm not sure, but I am going to claim that it is. Publish it in Websters!

They recently released their first full length album "My Head is an Animal" with Universal/Republic Records. (If you're in the UK you can pre-order it at http://ofmonstersandmen.is/.)  By clicking on their website you can also check out their video for "Little Talks" (this one is my roommate's favorite!) and their tour dates through September.

For more information check them out on Facebook and listen to their music of Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment