Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life is Crazy!!

Life has been nonstop busy for me this past week. I've been working overtime at work, interning at a local radio station, and ranting and raving about the brilliance of The Dark Knight Rises (go see it!!). The rest of my week entailed trying to catch up on my many lost hours of sleep; leaving me with no time to contribute any music news or wonderful things to this blog.

Since this isn't an official post, I am going to unofficially promote a festival that I am going to be attending in September called Uprise Fest and it is going to be SICK!

Over the years it has grown to be a two day event and this year they have some killer bands lined up. For Friday on the main stage they have Switchfoot (when Switchfoot is on the ballet the rest of the bands don't matter) and on another stage I, The Breather and The Devil Wears Prada.  After all the shows end Jon Foreman of Switchfoot is doing an acoustic set!! I almost died when I read that he was doing this.

On Saturday on the Rockstar Stage it is amazing band after amazing band. The day starts off with To Speak of Wolves, Nine Lashes, and Flatfoot 56. Then in the evening things get even more awesome with Project 86, Oh, Sleeper (my favorite), and Underoath (the band that got me into harder music).

There will also be The Vespers, Skyhawk Drive, The City Harmonic, Tobymac, and Thousand Foot Krutch (TFK) on other stages.

This festival is going to be incredible and I hope that some of you reading this will get a chance to check it out. For more info you can click around at http://uprisefest.com/.

I will make at least two posts about the festival (one for each day) complete with pictures and reviews of the overall event and the bands' performances.


No comments:

Post a Comment