Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

fun.

(Photo Cred: Bo Williams Photography)

I love the passionate rock band, Fun. My friend and I used to blast "All The Pretty Girls" from their first album "Aim and Ignite" in his WV Jetta all the time.

Fun. is a unique band with sad and truthful lyrics accompanied with beautifully composed and usually upbeat music to go along with it. Their songs are pleasing to the ear yet they tug on your heart when you hear the depth of  the words. So many of them revolve around loneliness, missing family, and moving on in life.

They played at my college in late winter of this year and it was SUCH an amazing show! (Sorry I don't have any pictures from it.) It was the day after they released their album "Some Nights" so everybody in the crowd stumbled over most of the new songs. When they played their old songs and "We Are Young", the crowd was instantly ablaze in youth and excitement. Certainly one of the best shows that I've ever seen. It was well worth waiting outside for numerous hours in the bone chilling cold.

The frontman Nate has a beautiful voice and has great stage presence and charisma. You can see him in all his glory by clicking on this link.

Wal-Mart filmed them performing live and is showing it on their Wal-Mart Soundcheck page. I hate that Wal-Mart got a hold of fun. (I try my best not to support Wal-Mart but whatever) but as long as people get to experience amazing live music from the comfort of their MacBooks, then let it be!

If you haven't heard of fun. for some reason, check them out at the above link and also at these various places of the Internet:
Bookface
We Are Young video
Some Nights Intro and Some Nights
All The Pretty Girls (my jam!)


No comments:

Post a Comment