Don't Speak English? NOT TO WORRY!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Recent Fun Things

Today I was looking around on www.indievisionmusic.com while working for my college radio station and I found awesome stuff! I am super psyched to share a few new releases in this post.

BUT FIRST! A very brief plug for Indie Vision Music. They used to be a music magazine from 2000 until 2005 when they went to be exclusively a webzine. They cover independent music of the indie, hardcore, and punk genres.

Yes, I know I already did a post on alternative rock band Anberlin, (if you haven't read it, check it out on the sidebar!) but they keep putting out amazing tracks. The band released their second song from their upcoming album "Vital" which drops October 16th. This one is titled "Someone Anyone", the chorus explains the song's purpose very well. "Someone tell me what we're fighting for" which to me sounds like the Occupy movement from 2011. Eventually nobody really knew what they were protesting against, they just wanted to be a part of the sensation.

Second thing. When you add Underoath's Tim McTague, Anberlin's Nate Young, and Reed Murray formerly from Talhart/Marksmen you get the indie rock band, Carrollhood. They recently released their first project to purchase titled "Afraid". You can check out the EP right here.

Electro-pop-rock trio Eleventyseven recently released their latest EP, "Attack of the Mountain Medley" which is a very different sound for the band. Their style is always fun and their songs are usually quite silly complete with upbeat electronic elements accompanied with guitar and drums (examples: "Evil Genius""Love in Your Arms"). This album takes a folk sound which turned out really well.

Lastly, hard rock band Showbread has released a track from their newest album/film project "Cancer" titled "I'm Afraid That I'm Me". The album will be available for free on www.comeandlive.com/ on September 25th. Until then you can download their other free album "Who Can Know It?" on that site as well.

That's it for this post I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment